Water Heater Services in Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties
Repairs, Replacements, Flushing, and Inspections
Water heaters serve us in so many ways; they keep us warm and comfortable while keeping our plumbing safe. Maintaining your water heater is crucial, especially during the winter months. At Rooter Solutions, we offer a wide variety of water heater services, including repairs, replacements, flushing, and safety inspections. If your water heater is ten years old or more, then getting it replaced should be your biggest priority.
Water Heater Replacement in Santa Barbara, CA
Certain signs may indicate that your water heater needs to be replaced, such as:
- No hot water: A malfunctioning heating element, blown out pilot light, damaged gas valve, or broken thermocouple can limit your hot water supply.
- Strange, high-pitched noises: Scale buildup on heating elements may have reached a level that is damaging to mechanical components. Excessive noise can indicate multiple issues with your water heater.
- Rotten egg odor: As sediment collects inside, it provides a haven for bacteria, which release smelly hydrogen gas as they decay, which is spread throughout your plumbing system.
- Water failing to heat up properly: This can indicate a thermostat problem, but a faulty dip tube, obstructed vent or flue, or sediment/mineral buildup may also disrupt heating.
- Overheated water: If the water is too hot (above 120℉), the thermostat may be set too high, but it can also mean the heating element is defective.
- Dirty water: Rust in the water heater can discolor your water. This can be caused by a deteriorated anode rod; however, rust is often accompanied by small cracks and leaks.
- Water collecting around the tank: Water heater tanks are typically better off replaced than fixed. Your plumber should check the in-line or pressure relief valve, as well as plumbing connections.
- Corrosion or rust on the heater: Corrosion often becomes a problem over time, especially with glass-lined water heater tanks. A technician can tell if your water heater has aged enough that they should recommend replacement.
- Mold buildup: If you see mold, there must be sufficient moisture outside the water heater tank to allow it to grow. Repairing tanks is expensive. It’s often more cost-effective to install a newer, more efficient water heater.
Water Heater Repair in Santa Barbara, CA
In many instances, we can repair water heaters by replacing defective components. If the unit is less than 10 years old, chances are you still have a few years left with it. Repairs can be cost-effective especially when issues are caught early. Our service trucks are fully stocked with parts and tools, so our technicians make most repairs in a single visit. At Rooter Solutions, we provide the highest quality of work at affordable prices, plus we offer convenient financing plans.
Contact Us Today
If you end up needing to replace your water heater, we will assist you in finding the particular type that will best suit your home. For the comfort and safety of you and your family, do not ignore the warning signs of a failing water heater! Contact us at 805-212-9422 to schedule water heater replacement and other plumbing services in Ventura and Santa Barbara.